Have your say
Every six years Council review our Waste Minimisation Plan.
This is a mandatory process to enable Council to continue accessing the government’s waste levy (worth close to $400,000 per year – and climbing!) It’s the waste levy which funds most of Council’s waste minimisation activities.
There are six main issues we were asking your feedback on.
Here’s the summary:
- Reducing food (organic) waste
- Do we need to change the way we collect rubbish?
- How can we reduce recycling contamination?
- Ways to diverting construction and demolition waste
- Making sure we have right infrastructure
- Getting the most from national waste policy
Submissions have now closed for waste less Waipā - thank you for providing your feedback.